life

Fun in the Sun on the West Coast

5:48:00 PM,0 Comments

Although I still don't know that many people in San Francisco, I have no regrets moving here. Moving here was risky. Without ever visiting SF, I acted on gut/instinct and the courageous impulse found in youth to quit my job at Rakuten and sign up for a summer course in Berkeley. While taking my statistics course at UC Berkeley, I looked for jobs and applied to almost everything under the sun that consist of the title "marketing". In the end, I didn't continue the marketing path and I didn't work for a traditional start-up. Instead, I found an internship at a boutique consulting firm that specializes in US-Asia cross-border market entry, growth analysis, and market research. I started on Sept 14th after spending a month at home in Upper Dublin.

It's been a whirlwind of technical terminologies, pages of startup CEOs and founders, sentences spattered with the words- "innovation", "disruption", "valuation", which is enough to make my head spin and feeling like I'm falling behind in this highly specialized world that's called Silicon Valley. 

On the other hand, it's exciting to learn. It's exciting that I don't know what's going on around me. And it's exciting that I'm in an environment that's supportive of my learning and growth.
my home over the summer 



0 comments: