career

Offer Signed, Sealed, and Shipped

1:09:00 PM,0 Comments

Yesterday, I signed the job offer for Company A. I am expected to start next month, actually in less than 3 weeks! I will be a digital marketing analyst assigned to one of the most innovative IT companies in the world with possibilities to work in their famous "campus". Plus I will have health insurance and will not have to make the excruciating decision between allocating more money to my student loans or paying a couple hundred dollars a month for healthcare.
I'm extremely excited for the upcoming changes, but yet pensive about whether or not I am making the right decision.

I told my boss about this decision last week, which came as a huge shock to him as I've only been working at Company B for close to 2 months. However, after 2 months, as much as I like the direct mentorship from my boss and the various tech events I was able to attend, I realized that there are some downsides to working for Company B. After my previous company, I wanted to escape from the downfalls of big companies- from office politics to petty negotiations. Maybe I can escape it in the future, but right now, the higher salary, better pay, retirement plan, and opportunities seem to outweigh the disadvantages. I felt so terrible and guilty for accepting an offer so soon after working for B that I can't even look at my boss's eye or even stay in the same room as him without getting nervous. I just feel so bad...

This was not a sudden and capricious change, but came about as a result of weeks of thinking and consulting with family/friends/boyfriend. I just hope that I learn and grow in the next company as much as I thought I would be able to grow in my current company.

my mom's reaction upon finding out about my job offer

0 comments: