asia

Random Things from the Weekends

5:13:00 PM,0 Comments

Tokyo usually have everything that I crave for. But one thing I noticed was that bubble tea was not very popular... I have a hard time finding good, tasty bubble tea with soft, chewy tapioca pearls. So I was ecstatic when I came across this jem.  

In Jiyugaoka, there's this gorgeous street call Green Street that's lined with trees and trendy shops and cafes. Among the trendy shops, there's a food cart that serves crepes and bubble tea! It was too cold that day for me to order the crepes but they had a ton of flavors- sweet and savory. Instead, I ordered the Coconut Milk Bubble Tea. It was much better than I expected! I was genuinely surprised. The prices are a little bit high- around 300- 400 yen for the bubble tea. 



 


Another great thing about Japan is the quantity of 100 yen and 300 yen shops. I bought this fake flowers from a 300 yen shop call Cou Cou filled with cute items, aimed to young women. You'd be surprised at some of the things they offer. The quality of their products exceeds the price. 
These flowers are now adorning my genkan. 



 Wait! Can we talk about the existence of Sakura flavored Ice Cream?? This is so good! The ice cream was interlaced with vanilla and jam. It did not taste woody as some of my friends claim Sakura- flavored items to taste like. 


Oh, this 100 kcal soup rice is also much better than I expected. All you have to do is microwave it. You don't even need to take it out of the box. After you microwave it, you just have to put it on top of rice and you have your dinner! Low calorie and fantastic!


Ok, so I've been raving about what I love. Let me tell you what I was kind of disappointed about. In Tokyo, there's this cosmetic store call RanQueen and RanKing that sells products that makes it to the top ranks of popularity. They also have a short description of each product, explaining its benefits and the reasons behind its popularity.

I came across this eyeliner. It immediately caught my eye because one end is a regular eyeliner while the other end is powder. What you do is line your eyes and then use the powder to smudge it out for a smoky, soft look. The powder is consisted within the cap so you'd have to twist it a little bit before uncapping it. It sounded super convenient and it was ranked Number 1 in Cosme so I bought it.

I was utterly disappointed. =[ The liquid end did not dry fast enough so when I try to smudge it out, the powder end would rub off the liner, leaving shards of eyeliner around my eye. Maybe I'm just bad with make- up, but even so, I expected more from this.  



On another note! I went to the farmer's market nearby Aoyama Gakuin, in front of the United Nations University. You can access it from Exit 12 of Shibuya Station. After you get out from the exit, you'd have to walk down a street, but it's not very hard to find as it's smack- dab in front of the United Nations University. 

I love going to the farmer's market. The food is usually much tastier and fresher than what they sell in the supermarket. The price is not so bad for a farmer's market! They're super reasonable. An added plus is that you get to interact with the farmers and get to know about the food's origin. I've been to this farmer's market a handful of times already and I find myself having a great time every time. ^-^ 

My friend, Terasa recommended me to try this Hinako Mochi. I bought this pack for 300 yen and I can't wait to try it out! 


One farmer brought her pet goat. This dog was super interested in the goat. lol



Oh! Almost forgot to mention this. They also have tons of food trucks that offer really yummy, mostly organic dishes. I ordered this vegetable bowl- contained of fake meat, scrambled tofu, multigrain rice, lettuce, cabbage, and other healthy goodness. This was super filling. I felt stuffed after finishing this. I would definitely recommend stocking up on your groceries and then try the food trucks when you come to the Farmer's Market. 



Yesterday, after I went to the Farmer's Market, my friend Akihiro invited me to his friend's place for a house party. I've never met them before so I was extremely nervous. However, everyone was so nice and so courteous that I felt bad for being so nervous and quiet. 

One of the fun parts of the night was that we decorated Kumamon cookies! Can you tell which one I decorated? lol 



They're so cute. 


The host and hostess made this amazing dish. I was like is it ok for me to eat this?? We've just met and everything, is it really ok? D=

But I ate. It was absolutely delicious.



~drumroooll~ My Kumamon.... xD poor Kumamon 


0 comments: