asia

A Rainy Day in Jiyugaoka

3:50:00 AM,0 Comments

I woke up this morning to dreary, gray clouds. I always tend to oversleep on days like this. It started raining and I just laid in my kotatsu for a good 30 mins hoping for the skies to clear up.

I don't know how much the weather affects your moods, but I'm just like, "what's the point of even moving~". I'm always reduced to an unproductive, lazy bum on rainy days.
But I eventually got up, ate my yogurt with granolas and grapes. After that, I bummed around some more until I mustered up enough energy to put together my bookcase.
Soon afterwards, my parents texted me on WeChat and we started talking for almost an hour! I was able to talk to my mom, dad, and my brother. Usually, it's just one or the other, but today, they were all together. We video chatted and I showed them my apartment and reassured them I live in a safe, comfortable place. I really think they worry too much. But I think one day when I become a parent, I will worry just as much about my future kids.

I finished up putting together my bookcase. Puji kindly informed me on the correct ways to arrange books lol. I put them down with the label facing up. He noted that the normal way to place books is so the labels are clearly visible. It's a bit hard to explain, but it was so funny at the time xD.

Afterwards, I invited Emma to lunch and we had some delicious Thai Lunch Buffet at this place call Bangkok Kitchen. I saw a few of this Thai restaurant throughout Tokyo. The food there is absolutely delicious and their spicy dishes are actually spicy. Japanese people don't normally eat spicy food so a lot of the "spicy" food are just mildly tingly, hardly spicy. So I am very pleased with the spice level here.

For appetizer, we had spring rolls sprinkled with tangy & sweet chili sauce, summer rolls stuffed with crunchy veggies, and vermicelli that's packed with flavor.


For the entree, we both chose Spicy Seafood Rice Noodles. While eating this, I've noticed just how low my spicy tolerance dipped. I had to make trips to the water counter at least 5 times. 


I forgot to take a picture of dessert, but I had lychee, cream puff, and a tiny chocolate cake. So scrumptious!

After parting with Emma, I used a coupon to buy a book into my Kobo. It's a book call "Delivering Happiness" by Tony Hsieh, a Taiwanese- American Internet entrepreneur. It's about his journey establishing Linkexchange and becoming the CEO of Zappos.com. Lately, I have been lacking inspiration to do something that I really like or enjoy. I feel like I'm letting everyday pass by so easily without living to my fullest. Therefore, I wanted to glimpse into his passion for his work and his life. Hopefully, after reading this, I will be inspired to start something that I am passionate about.

After downloading this book, I headed to Starbucks to read it where I bumped into Emma! I was so surprised! I thought she went home already haha. But she saved a table upstairs where we were able to read and ponder over some thoughts.
Oh btw, I ordered the Limited Sakura Chocolate Latte- the first few sips were really good! It's just a little too sweet for me. I needed a cup of water in order to drink the whole thing. Also, I think I've been in Japan too long. The Grande size I ordered looked wayyy too big. I was like, was this always the size?? lol


It was a dreary, rainy day today that had me in low spirits, but by the end of the day, my mood has lifted and I feel a strong sense of thankfulness for life and for the people around me. 



0 comments: